Thursday, April 27, 2006

influence




A little over three years ago our sending pastor, Russell Johnson, gave me some materials from a ministry called ABIDING LIFE.
I immediately identified with the content of the material and sent for a set of CDs by Mike Wells. Little did I realize how those CDs would be used by God to open my eyes to the power of God's presence in our lives. Mike's unique ability to communicate the truth of the abiding life of Jesus blessed me in profound and permanent ways.

Later I discovered that Mike's ministry is already deeply rooted here in Brazil. His books and seminar lectures are in Portuguese and have opened many doors for the message of Jesus' satisfying presence in our daily lives.

After several attempts Mike and I have met personally and have ministered together here in our city. The harmony of what God has done in each of our lives is truly a testimony to God's grace and the teaching of the Holy Spirit.

The theme of Mike's ministry is "There is nothing the presence of Jesus cannot cure." Mike works with people across the world who have been ignored or forgotten. That includes the poorest of the poor and burned out Christian leaders.

It was a privilege to have Mike here with us accompanied by Oswaldo Paiao and Dr. Jim Herrin from Lake Conroe, Tx.

The pictures show the seminar we held here in the city.

No comments: