Monday, November 21, 2005

God at work



I have just returned from a pastor's conference in central Brazil. I visited a thriving Brazilian city which is the center of Brazil's booming farming belt.

A little over 25 years ago I visited this same city called Goiania with the thought of planting a church. God led us to Sao Jose instead. Now, after a 25 year absence I could see clearly how God has worked in this once small city. When I visited it in 1980 the presence of any kind of church where the Gospel of Jesus was clearly preached was rare. Today, the city is one of Brazil's most evangelized and discipled cities. The impact on the community is clear to see.

It is wondeful to see how God's workings go on and on. We are invited to join Him in the work. We are not the key--He is.

I shared the message of Abiding in Jesus with pastors and leaders who are working with God in Goiania. It was a wonderful thing to see how busy our God is in the lives of men and women across our world.

By the way, I have been asked to consult and counsel in the planting and development of a church in Goiania! I may get my chance to be a part of a church planting effort there after all. With our very active God we are never out of the plan.

No comments: