Sunday, May 10, 2009

Obvious

I should have known. I should have known that Christians are designed by their new birth to live and thrive anywhere in the world. Governments don't make Christians thrive. Why am I surprised?

I think my early childhood in the USA with daily prayer and Bible reading in the public schools made me believe that Christianity was supported and expanded by the USA public culture and government. Actually the USA culture and government was supported and blessed by so many Christians in the land. Governments do not support or sustain Christianity, God does through Christ. I should have known.

Being in a place where there is 0% support for the Christian or Christianity makes one clearly see that God's branches truly only need the Vine to thrive. I should have known!

What Christians need is the peace to be who they are in Jesus wherever they live. Vineyards need peaceful environments to thrive and bless. Whenever any government is wise enough to encourage Christians just to be who they are, that culture will be blessed by the Christians who call that country home.

I should have known what I would see as I travel the world. Christians are designed to bear fruit in every country. Thank God they do!

No comments: