Thursday, July 02, 2009

Dependent on Grace

Just how dependent are we as humans? Are we mostly dependent, somewhat dependent or totally dependent? That depends on how human you want to be. To be the most human one can possibly be, one must be 100% dependent. Independent humans are less human--less alive. Jesus was 100% dependent and it showed in the depth of humanity and love. Jesus was fully alive.

I love to think of God's grace in this way. Grace is God giving to me what He demands of me and what He wants for me.

Take a minute to read the following verses found in Ezekiel 36:26-27

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them."

Look at what is given by God to equip them to be fully human-fully alive.

How human do you really want to be? Increase your dependence on God in Jesus and the very best you will emerge out of the abundance of God's grace. What he demands of us, he gives to us. Choose to receive as your first human act of every day and every moment.

Awaken each day and say "Jesus, you are welcome here! I receive all you are."

No comments: