Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Heaven Enough

"May Christ be heaven enough for you." David Teems

These are profound words spoken from many, many years of quiet reflection in the presence of God in Christ.
These words stopped me cold and warmed my heart this morning.

What if during this day, Jesus truly were "heaven enough" for me to continue my journey? What if this day, Jesus were "heaven enough" for me to release only love? No, not "what if..." Yes, He is.

I needed to be reminded this morning that heaven abides in me right now. The kingdom of God is within. I am not leaving my apartment in a few minutes disarmed and unaccompanied. I am carrying all that heaven is in me today and forever.

For all of my Christian life I have been taught to long for heaven. David Teems reminded me that the heaven I long for is already in me. Truly, my life is hid with Christ in God. Truly, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Truly, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.
Truly, Christ is all and is in all.

Heaven is enough. All Christians agree on this hope and truth. Can Jesus be enough here an now? He is heaven enough right now to overcome this world, my flesh and my enemy.

Jesus you are heaven enough for me. Help me live a life of complete satisfaction in you today. Starting from such abundance is the right place to start every day.

No comments: