Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Final Week and a Good Death


As Jesus lived his last week He knew certain things were true about Him.

"Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end." John 13:1

During His final week He knew…
That His hour had come.
That He would leave this world and go to the Father.
That he had loved His own who were in the world.
That He loved them to the end.

Take a close look at this list of Jesus’ certainties.  See which of these are yours.

Can you say…
I know my hour will come.
I know I will go to the Father.
I know I am loving those given to me to love.
I know I will love them to the end.

Jesus lived with “the end in mind”  and so should we.  Our final week will come and our final week should even include a good death.  Jesus made this clear for us by the way His final week was full of certainty about who loved Him and who He had loved to the end. This is how His final week included a good death.

Make your final week certain by knowing right now who loves you and by loving right now who you should love.  Make your final week and death good starting today.

Bud McCord
Abide International







No comments: