Friday, October 07, 2005

Our "things"--finally





Pam and I have been living out of suitcases since July 15th. Our "things" from the states have been sitting in customs awaiting something. Today our "things" arrived!

I remember reading a devotional thought by Tozer entitled "The blessedness of having no possessions." According to Tozer we have been blessed!
Seriously, it has been good for us to be reduced to less. We have learned to hold things less tightly. We have learned we need less. We have learned to use our memory more than pictures. We have learned to wait. We have learned that things are not the essence of life. I think that is what Tozer meant.

Even so, it is always good to get your "things". Somehow they help you remember who you were and who you are. I think the thing I most enjoyed receiving was all of our family pictures--and my golf clubs! Now all I need is for the familly to come and I need to find a golf course. Both are not easy tasks right now.

If you are waiting for some "thing" to come that seems like it will never come. Be blessed without it so when it comes you will smile like we did this morning. Even Marcy thought it was about time!

1 comment:

bigshoulders said...

i'm glad your things finally arrived. but i understand too, that it is a blessing in God's economy. God Bless.
b.s.