Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Love's delivery system

There is no shortage of love in the universe.
Think about that for a moment. Could that really be true? If there is no shortage of love then what is wrong with our world?
There is certainly a shortage here.

The problem is not in the supply, it is in the delivery.

The pending global food crisis that is in the news is a similar case in point. There is ample technology and land to produce ample food for the world's 6.5 billion people. The problem is in the delivery system. Protectionism, corruption, greed, wars and ignorance create barriers to what is abundant. If these kinds of mindsets and barriers were gone, the food crisis would be on its way to an end.

I have no degree in economics and I am certainly not a farmer. What I know is that the earth is abundant because God created it to be abundant for us. The food of the human spirit and soul is love. It, too, is abundant but it must be delivered. That is why Jesus said to His first followers. "Abide in my love...."

Jesus is the restoration of love's delivery. Every Christian is a restored delivery system (a branch) for love if we will abide. To the extent we do not abide, we impede the delivery of love. There is a global love crisis and every believer is a part of the solution.

Personal protectionism (fear), corruption, greed, war and ignorance must be destroyed in me for love to flow to those who need it. Only satisfaction found in Jesus moment by moment can overcome these barriers to love.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I am forever talking about barrier-free relationships. I love that definition of 'love'.

TeddyCook said...

In a prayer service Tuesday night the Spirit was impressing this exactly to me. Thank you for sharing. Teresa and I love you McCords,
Teddy

bud mccord said...

Dear Jen,
I am so happy the power of Jesus' presence if ever present in your mind!

Dear Teddy and Teresa,
Pam and I love you guys, too.

Warren C said...

I agree with Jen. Barrier-free relationships are the hallmark of what love is about. It's the essence of love at its finest. Never-ending, over flowing, abundant and readily available. Friendships, relationships etc., are bound to thrive when we love like Christ modeled for us.
For me, barrier-free relationships that model openly Christ centered love is the only way to be...