Saturday, August 01, 2009

Inspiration-Spiritual warfare

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.' John 15:5

Here is how I hear these words of Jesus speaking to me today. "Bud, as My follower everything you want to do that is worthy to be My fruit, I must inspire you and give it to you or it will not happen."

I might like to think I am independent and autonomous, but I am not. I am a creation of God that was designed to be inspired. I cannot even control the sources of inspiration that are competing for my attention. What I can do is choose which source is getting my attention. Faith is choosing which source will inspire me. The fruit of being like Jesus is the proof I choose Jesus.

Abiding in Christ is to be inspired by Christ in order to produce the fruit that He is and He wants. Abiding is true spiritual warfare. Abiding is the only weapon I have against the other sources that want to use me for their ends. My abiding in Jesus is the only thing the enemy of my soul fears.

We are continuously in a war of competing inspirations. Everyone is inspired from some source other than themselves even if they think they are independent and autonomous. Satan's chief way of inspiring us to evil is to convince us we are our own inspiration.

"Whatever gets your attention gets you." Author Mike Wells gave me this wonderful statement about inspiration. It is absolutely the truth. We are held and used for good or for evil by the source that inspires us. We could also say "Whatever inspires you, becomes your life." Paul put it like this "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me." Galatians 2:20


Even depressed people are being inspired. They are being inspired to quit, to stop, to devalue themselves. Behind the symptoms lies a source of inspiration that must be located, refused and replaced with the inspiration that frees which is Jesus.

Jesus said that we would be free when we abide in His words. Jesus said we would move mountains when we have faith.
Freedom and power depend on the right inspiration. In spiritual warfare the army that wins is the army that is best inspired.
Jesus is the inspiration that equips and overcomes the world, the flesh and the devil.

Do not underestimate your dependence on Jesus. Remember “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." With Him you can do all things. It is always a question of inspiration and the Spirit of Christ is that inspiration for living moment by moment like Jesus.

If you find your inspiration in this world, you have lost your life. If you find your inspiration in Jesus, you have found eternal life.

No comments: