Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Hidden Life

"For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." Col. 3:3

For you died.....What once stimulated you to live as you did no longer does...no longer can. You died. No going back now. You died. No one from here can require of you any more than they already have. You died. You are already living the above life.

And your life is hidden... The truest you is hidden from any other death. Don't ever be afraid death can ever find you again. You are hidden with Christ in God.

On this Christmas eve 2008 we ask how is my life? First we should ask "where is my life?". My life is hidden with Christ in God. My life is a perfect as it will ever be with Christ if I can just learn to see my life from where it was and now where it is.

I often ask people "How is your life?" They almost always begin to give me a description of their current circumstances and pain. I cannot ever recall anyone saying..."Oh, I died, but my life is perfectly hidden with Christ in God. My life is precious enough to God that He has already taken my life into HImself to keep it safe for me and for HIm."

Hidden things are precious. Hidden things are safe. Hidden things are being kept for a very special future moment. The most precious things are hidden in the best hiding place. That is why we are hidden with Christ in God.

Mary's little baby was hidden in her until just the right moment. When that right moment came the hidden One became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory full of grace and truth. Hidden is not forever, but it is for us for now.

Don't despise the hidden things. Treasure them. Your life is hidden, but it will soon be revealed as safely kept as Jesus' life was until His birth.

Our day of birth as the children of God will soon come. You only hide best what you want to keep most. God has plans for us all.

No comments: