Thursday, February 19, 2009

Affirmation-A Spiritual discipline

Among the many spiritual disciplines--Listening, Silence, Praise, Thanks, Confession, Intercession, Petition, Action--there is one that gets little attention. It is the discipline of affirmation. It is my favorite.

Here is an example of an affirmation.

"The entire Christian life I will ever live abides in me right. Christ is all and is in all.
For to me to live is Christ. It is no longer I who live, Christ lives in me"

Another....

Heavenly Father,
I am what I am by your grace. Grace is your provision to me of what you demand of me. You demanded a perfect life from me and you sent your Son.
You demand of me uninterrupted love from me toward you and others, so you never interrupt your love for me by abiding as uninterrupted love in me moment
by moment.


These are affirmations I continue to make day by day in order to abide in truths that set me free to live and love without stopping.

I also make affirmations about others.

"The entire Christian life you will ever live abides in you right now. His name is Jesus"


Enjoy!

No comments: