Monday, February 16, 2009

Timothy Times Two




In the Apostle Paul's letters he mentions young Timothy as a son in the faith. That is exactly how I feel about two young men who are teaching the abide course across the state of Rio de Janeiro. Hubert is a lawyer and Junior is a businessman.

Hubert Andre and Junior have just completed their third retreat this month. They have spoken to more Brazilians than I have in the last 30 days! That is so cool!

When I first met Hubert Andre and Junior leading a Celebrate Recovery group this past year, I never dreamed they would be such wonderful leaders of the abide ministry in the greater Rio area. They are pushing me to expand and expand in Rio. I am running to keep up with them.

Pray that God would raise up an army just like them across Brazil. I believe we are on the verge of a discipleship movement in Brazil that will give the already dynamic Brazilian church an even more solid base from which to work.

These photos are of their most recent church retreat held the weekend of February 14th. They are working among many of Rio's poor neighborhoods where I probably would not have a clue how to truly relate.

No comments: