Monday, February 16, 2009

Leading leaders





Leading leaders is like leading cats instead of dogs. It is true. Leaders don't easily follow.
In our first retreat of 2009 we were privileged to have some of Brazil's finest pastors and leaders in attendance. To get them to slow down long enough for a retreat about the inner life is no small task.
During the two day retreat I found myself looking into a mirror. I, too, am not easy to lead. No leader is.
Leaders must be inspired.
I tried to lead the entire group to take a group photo. I failed. The best I got was a few pictures when they were momentarily stopped. I couldn't get them to stand sill long enough register the moment together.
I love leaders! God grant me patience with me and them.
I have no idea how Pam has put up with me for 37 years.

No comments: