Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Clouds


I have been reading a daily devotional by Oswald Chambers called My Utmost for His Highest for over 30 years. What a wonderful gift this man's thoughts have been to me! I can't wait to meet him in heaven.

His reading for July 29th was about "clouds". In the devotional he describes "clouds" as the trials, problems and pain that God uses in our lives. He makes a statement that has taken me 30 years to agree with entirely. He says that we do no learn in our trials, we unlearn. God sends trials so we will learn to see life in a way that is different than the way we have learned to see life.
I now agree.

Discipleship is more about unlearning than it is about learning. Without Christ in my life I learned to see life in the wrong way.
When the "clouds" come I am forced to look at things in a new way. I first must unlearn to learn.

It may take you 30 years to agree, too. We underestimate how much we have learned that is wrong! Jesus is the truth about everything. We have the truth. We have the mind of Christ in us. We need the clouds to challenge our old paradigms.

Any clouds in the your life right now? Unlearn and the sky will clear again.

1 comment:

JOELLEN said...

HOW DO YOU UNLEARN?