Friday, September 16, 2005

The education of our faith





Oswald Chambers once observed "God orchestrates our circumstances to educate our faith." He does! Every day He brings events into our lives to teach us to receive from Him with an ever more open heart.

Yesterday I was in Sao Paulo to do a radio interview with the people from VOZ CRISTA, a brazilian radio team based in Miami.
I have been recordiing weekly broadcasts in Portuguese for the past two years with Edson Bruno who has a 3 hour a day live broadcast to all of Brazil over shortwave and internet radio. It was a God orchestrated moment for me to be able to connect with Edson here in Brazil so we could work out details to keep my prograrm on the air.

As I arrived at the radio booth in the convention center where hundreds of Brazilian Christian ministries were sharing their ministries and materials, I unexpectedly ran into Pastor Juan Romero. Juan Romero is from Mexico and he has spent his entire life preaching all over Latin America. His daughter, Aurora, is a member at First Baptist in West Hollywood.

We gave each other a huge Brazilian-Mexican hug and stood there amazed that we would meet in a city of 20 million!
He was giving an interview at the same time I was to arrive at the booth. Juan is 76 years old and still preaching. He had just arrived from an all night flight and was there ready to work.

God orchestrated my meeting with Edson and Juan. God is educating my faith. You can be sure He educatiing yours, too.

No comments: